I have never owned a microwave that does anything but heat up left over food, so when I heard about the Whirlpool Crisp N’ Grill, I was so confused about how a microwave could actually cook your food! So of course I had to get my hands on one and try it for myself.
So my first question when I got it was “So does it also work as a normal microwave?” Yes it does! So no need to worry that you are losing the normal functionalities of a microwave. What the Whirlpool can do is actually cook meals through its crisp and grill functions. So I wanted to see what it could do when I decided to cook a quick family meal.
Cooking a hamburger
Here is how I put together a quick mid-week meal for the whole family, that took 10 mins to prepare and 9 mins to cook!
400g of minced meat
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 tbs of butter or margerine
4 x burger buns
Use the Crisp function of the microwave
- Mix the mince meat with the salt and pepper
- Shape the mince into 4 hamburgers about 1 cm thick
- Butter the crisp plate and preheat for 3 mins on crisp
- Place the hamburgers on the plate and cook on crisp for 3 mins
- Turn the hamburgers over and cook for another 3 mins
- Serve burgers on the bun and build with the rest of the ingredients
Why I love the Whirlpool Crisp N’ Grill
- It was super fast to cook!
- No need to use a frying pan
- Cleaning was much easier. All I had to do is clean the crisp plate
- No need to be in the kitchen while the hamburger is cooking. You just put the timer on and the microwave lets you know once its cooked
- Safer for when you have young children in the house and need to cook
So if you are looking to buy a microwave that can do more than a normal microwave and is the same size as a normal microwave, then look no further than the Whirlpool Crisp N’ Grill. There is so many possibilities of what I can cook with this microwave and I can’t wait to keep on exploring other meals I can cook with it. When you are a time poor Mum (like the majority of Mums!) then this is a saviour for you to get those mid-week meals on the table quicker with less mess in the kitchen meaning more time to yourself and with the kids.
Shop – www.thegoodguys.com.au
Product was gifted for review